Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Final goodbye from Caron




A Wizard says goodbye

Monday, February 22, 2010; A14
When you get traded, you don't get time to say goodbye. More important, you don't get the opportunity to say, "Thank you."

Thank you, to some of the best fans in the world. Representing you and representing this city has been an honor I will always cherish.

During my 4 1/2 years as a Wizard, I learned many valuable lessons, especially how to give back to the community. The most rewarding part of my time in Washington was meeting the incredible people of this city, and I will miss you all. Thank you to the countless individuals who helped me with the annual Coats for Kids, the Bike Brigade and my basketball camp. The memories are many and will never be replaced.

When I came to Washington, I dreamed of winning a championship. I thought I would play the rest of my career in this city, retire a Wizard and one day see my number hanging from the rafters at Verizon Center. I have learned that in basketball, as in life, nothing is guaranteed.

Thank you for the memories. My family and I will treasure them forever. Washington will always hold a special place in my heart.

Caron Butler, Dallas

The Washington Wizards traded Caron Butler to the Dallas Mavericks on Feb. 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

People like me this much...

Who the F is Jack Burton?